Saw this forum online about food. The poster listed her list of food adventures not found at malls or commercial places and here’s mine:
1. Cheep! P90 for 16 pcs calif maki at TOKYU, Panay (wrong spelling intentional)
2. fresh tuna sushi at FARMERS MARKET Cubao
3. Delish sosyal pares at JONAS Laloma or PARTNERS Roosevelt for your economy pares
4. bite-size eclairs and cream puffs at PUFFS and STUFF Holy Spirit Drive, Diliman
5. cheap but delicious pancit miki-bihon at PINSTIK also along Holy Spirit Drive
6. yum-yum isaw infront of Simplicity, New Intramuros Village, Commonwealth or at Camaro St. in North Fairview
7. AMBERS pancit malabon at Filmore cor Emilia, Makati
8. sisig at AYCEES Pasig or Sisig Hooray at Ever Commonwealth
9. addictive goto-lugaw at Narig St., SFDM (near munoz market)
10. yang chow fried rice at haf chan west ave.
11. inengs super siksik barbeque at Market!Market! or the cheapest P5 bbq at Del Monte cor West Aves.
12. the best ever (mega, super, duper to the max galore) chinese ham at Excelente, Quiapo
13. inihaw galore at Garahe DLSU (circa late 90’s, not sure where its found now)
14. higop-sabaw-sarap nilagang baka at Zobel Roxas St., Makati
15. Razon’s palabok and halo halo in San Fernando, Pampanga (manila version non comparable)
16. puto at Francia in Saluysoy, Meycauayan, Bulacan (where i grew up)
Will update this list if I can think of anything more. If this list made your mouth water, wait til you see them or better yet, taste them.
It’s not that I wanted Elise to come out already or that i’m getting impatient with my pregnancy. It’s just that being at home for bedrest for 2 weeks now is no walk in the park for me. Doctors orders. Man, what would I give to go window shopping at an airconditioned mall or even watch a movie for just a few hours. (Well, we’re still waiting for XMen 3, since the reviews for MI3 and Da Vinci Code is not so good)
What more, i’m running out of healthy, no salt, low fat, no cholesterol recipes. Nauumay na ako sa pesteng oatmeal, dammit! I don’t mind eating veggies all the time, its just that i’m running out of ideas of what to eat. Even salad dressings are high in sodium. Harrrumph!!
I’m also getting worried about Elise. My hypertensive medicine is not effective. First, I was to take it once a day, last week it was 2x a day, this week its 3x a day and after 2 days, its still its not lowering my BP at all. I hope she’s still okay inside me. And when i don’t feel her moving for hours at a time, i really, really, really tend to get very, very, very worried.
Please continue to pray for me and my baby. 😦 *sigh*
Instructions: Name ten of life’s simple pleasures that you like the most, then pick ten people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.
[from Adel and Jayvee]
1. Waking up late with a hug from my husband.
2. Immersing in a cold swimming pool on a scorching summer day. (heaven for pregnant women)
3. Ice cream, preferrably a pint of FIC’s strawberry with barquillos!! 😀
4. Eating anything without worrying about high sodium content and edema.
5. Spending a day with my brother and sister.
6. Chatting with my folks and seeing them via webcam.
7. Playing videogames the whole day. Pangya!
8. Someone sincerely appreciating your cooking.
10. Going out with grandma and treating me to lunch. 😉
I’d go with Jayvee and not send this to others. I’d rather read it from their blogs or their sites. This was quite an eye opener. 😉 I can’t believe Adel going over 10, thinking of 10 already took me sometime.