Saw this forum online about food. The poster listed her list of food adventures not found at malls or commercial places and here’s mine:
1. Cheep! P90 for 16 pcs calif maki at TOKYU, Panay (wrong spelling intentional)
2. fresh tuna sushi at FARMERS MARKET Cubao
3. Delish sosyal pares at JONAS Laloma or PARTNERS Roosevelt for your economy pares
4. bite-size eclairs and cream puffs at PUFFS and STUFF Holy Spirit Drive, Diliman
5. cheap but delicious pancit miki-bihon at PINSTIK also along Holy Spirit Drive
6. yum-yum isaw infront of Simplicity, New Intramuros Village, Commonwealth or at Camaro St. in North Fairview
7. AMBERS pancit malabon at Filmore cor Emilia, Makati
8. sisig at AYCEES Pasig or Sisig Hooray at Ever Commonwealth
9. addictive goto-lugaw at Narig St., SFDM (near munoz market)
10. yang chow fried rice at haf chan west ave.
11. inengs super siksik barbeque at Market!Market! or the cheapest P5 bbq at Del Monte cor West Aves.
12. the best ever (mega, super, duper to the max galore) chinese ham at Excelente, Quiapo
13. inihaw galore at Garahe DLSU (circa late 90’s, not sure where its found now)
14. higop-sabaw-sarap nilagang baka at Zobel Roxas St., Makati
15. Razon’s palabok and halo halo in San Fernando, Pampanga (manila version non comparable)
16. puto at Francia in Saluysoy, Meycauayan, Bulacan (where i grew up)
Will update this list if I can think of anything more. If this list made your mouth water, wait til you see them or better yet, taste them.